Sunday, October 17, 2010

The proposal.

Days passed by swiftly, short as they were in winters and after the long awaited ,ever so special evening.
Yet another V-day arrived.
I was eagerly waiting for him, with a rainbow colored,irregular hemline skirt and a black top.
At sharp seven, he announced his arrival, I rushed down the stairs and caught him staring at me.
Dressed to kill, as usual, in a white shirt.

His smile left me weak in the knees and I stood there waiting for my hero to sweep me off the ground.
Lost in my dream I didn't noticed when he came close to me, pulled out a red rose from somewhere , looked into my eyes and then suddenly went down on his knees.

" four years ago,

                                                     a girl came in my life,
                                                      like a breeze of air,
                                           and mesmerized me from either side.

                                            my days shaped like never before
                                                     nights shined under
                                                     like twinkling stars,
                                                    faded with moonlight.

now,

                                              its difficult for me to live alone,
                                                    I want to be yours,
                                               like two bodies in one soul.  "

As he stood up,I stopped breathing and froze in my tracks .Then instead of responding with a " yes, I will"....

                                                 I gently laid mine lips on his,
                                        the stiffness gave way to sheer pleasure,
                                               with renewed passion and fervor.

And what happened after that was a mere beginning of a new dawn for us ,TOGETHER..
And like they say  " we lived happily ever after ".

                                                                     -----x------


                                    prompted for  --  room for romance # 3


                                   

10 people noticed.:

Liliana Negoi said...

ahh, romance at its best :)

redchutni said...

So romantic...but it seems like u r contradicting somewhr...as in..m picking up the extracts of d poem "its difficult for me to live alone"
where as in the end u wrote "they lived happily ever after"

your work is fantastic..keep it up boy!

Anangkr said...

@Negroi - oh, glad you considered it
that good. :)

@redchutni - I would explain the
extracts to you.
glad you liked it dear.

Jingle said...

true romance,
love the combination of poem and the prose...

keep shining!

Shriti said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww cute xD

Christine said...

"like two bodies in one soul" is a very sweet line indeed. I very much enjoyed the way you mixed the story and poem together. It flowed beautifully!

Anangkr said...

@jingle - thanks ji,

@chocolate girl - ^-^

@christine - welcome to the blog. :)

Someone is Special said...

Hey Anurag.. This is truly romantic.. And I have to say you are a romantic person for sure.. 100% or even more than that.. This time all the entries are too romantic, I am locked.. Wait till tomo to know the result..

--Someone Is Special--

Chitranshi said...

I loved ur blog.. I loved everything about it.. its just BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Anangkr said...

@S.I.S - thanks a ton for the appreciation. :)

@chitranshi- welcome to my blog, :)
glad you liked my work, thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails