Monday, October 11, 2010

A evening on the beach.

the unwavering zephyr flowing across the lake,
makes a hair fall on my face.

the gathering clouds on the horizon,
gives a solicitude look on the buddy beside..
sitting on the sand, hands folded in unison.

"hope it doesn't rain tonight...
I have to settle a few scores
before the water unleashes from heaven side."

the scattered clouds makes the mountain top gloomy,
the fall of few droplets and faded light
 makes the surrounding all the more hazy.

the fluttering of clothes soothes my body,
it blocks the way to shelter,
making our foot all the more heavy.

the wind turning intense with passage of time,
making the trees dance on their way,
with the leaves  shattered all across the bay.

getting inside I gave a sigh of relief,
but there's lot of sand all over my sleeve.


                                                                        -----x-----


                                                     prompted for - jingle poetry

                                                                

6 people noticed.:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Glad to see you in...
very fabulous portrayal of mountains, beach, and other nature landscapes in a poetic form.
rocking talent...

Shashidhar Sharma said...

I do hope it does not rain tonight
I have to settle a few scores..

Very interesting thoughts.. I enjoyed it.. thanks
I liked this post..

Check out my submission for Poetry Potluck .. if you like and have time...

http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2010/05/shadow-dancing-with-mind-monday-morning.html


जय दुर्गा जी, जय काली माँ
Jai Durga ji, Jai Kali Ma
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

TALON said...

I love all the little details in this poem...it makes it resonate. Very well done and leaves me feeling melancholy.

I wondered if you meant "feet" instead of foot in the fifth stanza.

Amanda said...

Also adore the detail of this so well penned poem, awesome to see you linked in Potluck my friend xxx Hugs x

Brian Miller said...

a rather melancholy read...i like it...and all the details as well...

ZENDOM said...

The wind has pushed the sand somewhere
The breeze came for this without a care
The water comes crashing in giant waves
The shoreline that was never is and cannot be saved
But in ones imagination can get back the beach
It is in ones Awareness as it is within reach

enjoy Soul Bro Anurag(+)
Dom*:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails