Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just Friends.

This review should have arrived here two months ago but due to my neglect and careless attitude all got delayed. Had it been some other novel I would have neglected it completely but this one is special.



Based on the ever wondered statement  " a girl and a boy can ever be friends.??  " **

from the back of the cover.

She knows everything about him, right from his favorite soccer club to his favorite x- rated websites.
He will complete her English homework, even at three in the night.
She will arrange an Armani suit for him, even if it calls for flirting with ugly guys'.
He has her picture in his wallet.
She has his number on speedial.
They talk to each other all the time.
They talk about each other when they don't talk to each other. 
They discuss everything from periods to playstation.
They have tasted alcohol & then thrown up ...together
They have bunked countless tuitions...together
They can't live without each other
YET
They don't love each other

They  are JUST FRIENDS...



About the author -  Sumrit Shahi is a 12th grade student ,seventeen years of age pursuing commerce from Chandigarh. To my surprise his writings didn't reflected that he is a teenager and I was impressed with his novel.Great going boy  =D> 
Know more about him click here.

About the book -  Just Friends is the debut novel of Sumrit and like I said earlier based on the ever wondered question. Its the story between 4 persons, coupled at a time.The usual outings , talks, fun which happens between friends. The unusual bonding cracking jokes at every possible situation.

               Page 163, 1st para.

                          " November,
                               When we became besharam best friends. Imprinted in history, guided by practice, arrives a morning after six pervent days, soaked in academic pressure and nights leaking in graphic pleasure.  "

      Page 165 ,2nd para.
                        
                   "  even Einstein would be baffled at the growth of potential momentum, the lone case of induction  of  friction and increase in the intensity of velocity between us.  "

They would cherish each moment together , not giving away a single reason to pull each other's leg.

   Page 177,1st para.
          "
               "bye, I am going in and you are not invited, " I turned around.
                " no, please, don't.I am homeless, Tanie. mom kicked me out, " he said in a pleading voice.
                I turned around laughing . "Are you serious?" Nothing in this world was serious though.
                "Yes, " he said in a serious tone.I laughed loudly now.
                "are you okay? When I decide to joke, you get angry even before it starts and when I am serious,
                 you laugh like there is no tomorrow." I heard him and started laughing again.He changed his 
                position and sat crosslegged now.
                
                "What is wrong with you? " he demanded.  "

The story ends with a sudden jerk,which was observed by quite a few around me.I personally  would have liked it to be more straight forward. 
And there are seldom relations between a boy and girl which remains till friendship.
What happened to their relation ?
Do they keep their friendship alive or ends up in  love relation.??
 I would leave here to find it yourself.
You would certainly enjoy the journey. ;)

Happy Reading.  :)



**  When my friend asked me " so, what answer did you got in the end ? " 
I was like .......8->
she said instantly "stupid !! you have a practical example infront of you,Our friendship " :)






                                                                     -------x--------
            

                              
                            

9 people noticed.:

Anonymous said...

Hi anurag i am reading this book right now, finished If God went to B- School and wrote my views on blog.
As I am on Dipawali leave I have got a good time to read books.
And the book Just friends looks interesting.
I think I will finish tonight but not goin to write about it as you have already written something good about it.
Happy Dipawali
:)

Anangkr said...

hey,

hi.
man ! your reading is very fast,a whole book in one night ^:)^ great going.
This book is damn interesting,do stop by to pour your views.when you are finished with it.

Happy Diwali. :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

awesome review.
Happy Thursday!

Caspar said...

Hi Anurag...amazing review. Compelled me to read the book. Anyway Happy Diwali!

redchutni said...

i think that...dude!! a girl n a guy can b frenz...rather bestest of the best frenz..they can talk daily...msg almost all the time..stay connected always..n yes they r not at all falling for each other....n i too hav a boy who is my best frend but not my boy frend!
P.S..smilies r damn gud!

Anangkr said...

@redchutni -

okay,
I completely agree with your point but it seldom happens in reality.
I will pray your friend and you remain as friends, like forever, true friends are hard to find. :)

glad you noticed the smilies.

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

i hope there's am e-book available of this copy


i want to read it now! the title seems very intriguing...

Anangkr said...

@jingle - thanks. :)

@ rahul - oh, glad you liked it. Happy Diwali.

Anangkr said...

@ aparna - I am not sure the e-copy would be available, but you can definitely try.
In general I buy books to keep it as a collection(to be reused in future).

The story is much more wonderful.

Happy Diwali. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails