Sunday, November 14, 2010

A friend is not enough.(2)

.
"almost a whole year has passed out and you are still lost in his memories ? I thought I was beginning to have some positive impact on you..." before he could say more, she shortened  his words.
"I thought the same Aakash, but neither your smilies nor your friendly behavior could make me happy. I think my grief is inconsolable "


She blurt out, knowing well within her heart that she was hurting her friend, again! .
She wanted to tell him everything that had gone through in the past few days. First she saw Anick in her dreams and then Aakash, and how she regretted her dreams for the latter.
A strange silence filled in between them.


"you there " inquired  Aakash.
"ya"
"at times you appear so joyful but then what happens  in between?. Do you feel this every day and hide them from me.? "
" I bear this torture every day. Not a single night goes when his thought do not penetrate my mind" tears were beginning to appear, yet she tried her best not to let him know.


"you sound pathetic !! wait I am coming there. " said Aakash in a worried tone.
" please don't come...."  the line was already disconnected.


Some 10 minutes latter there was a knock on the door, she quickly opened it, as if wanted to see him.


"hi " he said, as they both stand in front, facing each other.
She opened the door and let him in.


"hmm...it's the worst girl's room I have ever seen "


"oh, how many girl's room you have been into " finding nothing else to say she replied from his lines. "


"wait theres Shilpa, priya, Priyanka.... hey, what are these.... " he uttered seeing the blades ripped with blood.
"shruti , what are these ??? what where you doing with them, show me your hand "  he quickly grabbed her hand in his.
"why do you keep hurting yourself like this. ? You are trying to avoid a fruitful future because of a pained past ,goddamn it, don't you realize that ?  " Aakash distanced himself from Shruti a little.
"why don't you understand this. Dear, dead people don't come back in real life, you need to move on."


"its easy for you say these lines Aakash, but in reality its far more difficult. People may depart but their memories never fades away" shruti choked while saying these lines.


"But whats the use of pondering over those memories when you are suffering with them. Memories are  to make your life better, not to make it worse."


"thats the thing with love, Aakash. You may call me mad but to me, he was my life and he remains the same till today. These memories are the only reminders of his presence. "


"Don't tell me Shruti, you intend to pass the rest of your life with them. "
"I don't know.... "
"what do you mean by that ? Shruti, I may not always be around to see these situations off "


"I didn't get your words... " she gave a blank expression to him.
" I am your friend Shruti, not your husband and plus I have my own life to look after."


She just kept observing his facial expressions, which changed with each word spelt .
"I am shifting my business to Delhi and we might leave by the end of this week"


"Leaving me behind, eh ? you didn't even ... I thought ....I thought you cared for me." 
Shruti stood still, the gravity of the situation was beginning to crawl over her mind. She might be avoiding Aakash in the last few days but inside she knew, how much she needed him to be on her side...






                                                                             ---to be continued.  



5 people noticed.:

Unknown said...

gripping and scary.

WritingsForLife said...

sadly, a friend is never enough. And people do stupid things to make them feel better.

Good story though. Nicely presented :-)

Anonymous said...

creepy.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our potluck week 10, a poetry award is assigned upon submission.
Old poems are welcome …hurry up, you have 11 hours to go before we are closed.
Hope to see you there. Cheers!
http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-moods-feelings-and.html



any old poem would do, I value your support.

Anonymous said...

Sad story ... thought provoking.

I’d like to wish you a Merry Christmas and to say thank you for the support to Jingle Poetry, with you standing beside us, we are able to continue our efforts by providing the platform for poets who share and encourage…BEST wishes for the year 2011…your poetry has enlightened our community and made us smile.

Blessings fly your way, Happy Holidays!

http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you on Sunday Poetry Potluck again, let me know if you have questions..old poems or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome..

week 15 theme: reflections, interpretations, and musings.

Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails