Sunday, November 7, 2010

A friend is not enough.

She was lying on her bed when her body suffered an impulsive jerk and to the response, she opened her eyes.
Innumerable times this dream had occurred to her. In the beginning it appeared vague but with due passage of time it became the only means to see him.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the polyphonic version of her ringtone,her mobile was vibrating atop her study table.
She switched on the lights before receiving the call.



"hello ? " her voice was hoarse.
"Hey, where are you, I tried calling you so many times but you never received any. Whats your problem ? "

Shruti was not receiving his call for the past few days,she knew the reason well but it was all within her.

"I don't know Aakash, sometimes I don't feel like talking to you."
"what are you saying ? "
"you are a nice friend Aakash, but I am not always as happy as you. And when I want to pour my heart ,you are either busy or talk with me in such a tone that I fail say a single word. "

"I am not catching with your words here,Shruti. we almost talk on a daily basis, message each other through out the day.And now you end up saying these lines to me.? "
 " how do I make you feel what I wanna say to you. I don not hate you and its not that I don't enjoy your company. In fact, if you were not there with me in those days I wonder how I would have faced those all."

"please explain what you really want.  "
"I want nothing from you, its me who is creating the problem. You regard me as your 'best friend' , but its not the same from my side. I guess your friendship is not enough for me. At times I need some emotional support,a feeling which I can relate to my heart. We do not share these in our relation. At times I tried to be as cool minded as you are but I guess somethings do not change ever.
These were the times when I wanted to be left alone. For I know, no one other than  Anick can make me feel better. But he too cares nothing for me now "...



                                                            ...........to be continued.

8 people noticed.:

Anonymous said...

welcome back.

I signed in to follow your blog,
welcome follow us back.

hope to see you at our potluck tonight, any old poems would work, give it a try by linking in as soon as we are open,
enjoy some traffic.

Unknown said...

waiting for the next bit!

Anonymous said...

It's goin good....
Waiting for next post.

ViDiShA said...

..mke d end happier...!!..i don't wnt tht grl 2 b shattered..

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

nice start...

she seems like expecting care, support and love out of friendship

please continue..

Anonymous said...

I searched for something completely different, but found your website! And have to say thanks. Nice read. Will come back.

Anangkr said...

@ Anonymous - I wish I could know your name.

Gaurav Arora said...

It is a good one hope to begin with!

I would love to read more of you..
Blog:GvSparx
Twitter:@GvSparx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails