Saturday, September 11, 2010

A token of friendship


As the wheel of airbus landed on the turf, memories of my childhood flashed in my head. I was returning after a long time, my mom was there on the receiving end to welcome me. With teary eyes she hugged me and before we could go more emotional I some how managed to get ourself seated.
“There’s a magic show going on in the fields, would u like to visit it…?”
“Mom! Why are you asking me this question…. You very well know that how much I love going there…Lets go.”
 As the car turned on its way to the fields, my mind cluttered with images of past
* * * *


“Hey Udita, how are you?”
“I am very well fine jack, so ready to leave?”
‘Probably yes, we would be leaving in an hour or so…. I will definitely miss this show’.
‘You would only miss this show...?’
‘And a few people.’
“Few…???, Who are they??"
“Ones who were in my life these 12 years..”
“Like..??”
“Ah.! You will not hear your name…”
“Idiot!!”
“Forget that, come with me before you go I want to give you something.”
I took him to the nearby shop..
“Choose among them”.
“Udita, you know I don’t believe in such charms”.
“Just choose, I am not asking you…, leave it, I will get it myself”
I took a green one from the bars.

 “What does it suppose to mean??”
“Just keep it as a token of friendship. Remember me every time you see it…”
We both smiled.. He kept it in his pocket. Soon I heard his dad calling him. We hugged each other and I gave a sweet peck on his checks and finally let him go.......

My thoughts were broken of the approaching sound from the field. I came out and went to the place where I saw him last. Everything remains the same.
 I went to the shop and brought another one and kept it with the previous ten…










 Prompted for:Thursday Tales

7 people noticed.:

Anonymous said...

Cool .Well written Dude...

yamini meduri said...

nice tale...thanks for sharing..!!

thanks for joining the Tales train..!!!

Ms.Meduri

Insignia said...

Wow that was simple narration but very effective. Touched me. :-)

Anangkr said...

@vijay. Glad you liked it. :-)

@insignia. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

progrerieli
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/hysterectomy-related-problems]hysterectomy related problems[/url]
sitarerce

Anonymous said...

progrerieli
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/bitots-spots]bitots spots[/url]
sitarerce

Anangkr said...

@anonymous - hey, listen who ever you are and what ever you posting here, I just do not know what is your problem. the url you are giving is of a health site.
It would be better if you mention your name 1st and then a proper url.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails