Tuesday, October 18, 2011

conversations with the cousin.




Cousin – di told me about you…

A – Hmmm...What?  (Romancing with the mobile, “damn! The balance is low”.)

Cousin – that,what was the turning point of your life…

A – what was it.?

Cousin – your last affair. !!!

A – (now that raised the alarms. Keeps the mobile aside ), so?

Cousin – so, I didn’t expected you to be involved in these things… you look so serious and focused. But di told me you had a different personality before.

A – (Chuckles)

Cousin – what was the reason?

A- I myself never understood the reason she gave me. May be I was not good enough for her.

Cousin – hmm...but you look sweet and cute!

A- You think so, not everyone around. 

Cousin – hmm...

**Silence**

Cousin – no contacts?

A- Not much, just few pleasantries on facebook. I wished her birthday last year.

Cousin –and she?

A- I block her every time mine comes.

Cousin – why do you do this? (A touch of seriousness arrives)

A- I don’t want her wishes, or perhaps I am afraid she would have forgotten me completely. Blocking her gives an excuse of escaping my proposed thinking........  But she did wish me valentine this year.

Cousin – that’s sweet. Which of course means she has not forgotten you?

A- May be, but I have given up all the hopes. It’s been close to 2 years now.

Cousin – I don’t think so, you still love her don’t you, bhaiya?

**Silence.**

A – I cannot keep the thread holding, when the other end is slack. May be things were never meant to be, between the two of us.  

Cousin – so, when is next one coming?

*** lightens the atmosphere.**

A – (Answers with a smile) not that easy. Don’t have time for these now.

Cousin – but you may fall for someone, you never know. Someone right around the corner could be the one.

A – (Remembers the cute girl in his class) I won’t, my feelings are more controlled now.

Cousin – but it happens…

A – Enough! Now go to sleep, I have to catch the train and you gonna get up late for school, tomorrow.

Cousin – (with a grin she holds her teddy tight) good night, bhaiya.

A- good night,
Kids these days are just too curious about these (mummers to himself)



                                                      -----X-----




3 people noticed.:

Writing Buddha said...

Waah

Chitranshi said...

Can totally relate. Had a similar conversation once too with a cousin "A" and I was playing the role of little cousin sister :D
Well, things always get better with time, don't they? :)

Anangkr said...

@chitranshi - well, it's good when you are on the questioning side.!!

ya, things do get better,but the bitter taste remains forever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails